What to do if things go wrong

We are here to help, so if you have a problem, concern or complaint about any part of our service, please let us know so that we can work with you to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if you require additional assistance when reaching out to us. 

You can contact us by phone, email or via our online Complaint Form.

In most instances our local Branch Manager will contact you to discuss your concerns and work with you to resolve the matter. 

If the matter is unable to be resolved within two (2) working days from when you first raise it with us, or you are unhappy with the action we have taken and feel that the matter remains unresolved, the matter will be escalated and treated as a formal complaint.  In some instances we may feel that it is in your best interests to lodge the matter as a formal complaint immediately.

Formal complaints are managed by our Technical and Compliance Manager, or our Chief Operating Officer.  If you would like to raise a matter directly you can email them at help@icib.co.nz

What happens if a formal complaint is lodged?

If your concern is lodged as a formal complaint we will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five (5) working days from when it was lodged, and provide you with details of the next steps to be taken, including an expected timeframe for us to complete our investigation of the matter.

During our investigation we may contact you to discuss your complaint and understand how you would like the matter to be resolved.  We will make all reasonable efforts to investigate relevant circumstances and information surrounding your complaint, and we will try to resolve the matter quickly.

We will provide you with a written decision, remedies and/or resolution as soon as we are able to.  We will do this within twenty (20) working days from the date we acknowledge your formal complaint, unless we agree a different time frame with you due to extenuating circumstances.

If you are unhappy with our complaint decision

If you are unhappy with the outcome of our Internal Complaints Process, you can contact Financial Services Complaints Limited (FSCL) – A Financial Ombudsman Service.  FSCL is an independent dispute resolution scheme who will help investigate or resolve your complaint. 

The FSCL service is provided to you free of charge.  For details of the service they provide, please visit https://fscl.org.nz/

You must contact FSLC within three months of receiving our complaint decision in order for them to be able to investigate the matter.